By including Freedom Waters Foundation in your estate plan, you will ensure smiles and laughter for those who need them the most.
- Your estate may qualify for a tax deduction when it fulfills your bequest.
- You will keep control over your assets should you need them during your lifetime.
- You will retain the flexibility to modify your gift anytime, should your circumstances or desires change.
- The impact of your gift will continue in perpetuity if left to endowment.
- You will make a gift to Freedom Waters Foundation that may be larger than any gift you could make during your lifetime.
- You can instruct how the funds will be used.
What to Give
- Gifts of Stocks and Bonds
- Retirement Assets (IRA, 401k, 403b, pension, or other tax deferred plan)
- Life Insurance Policies
- Appreciated Real Estate
Ways to Give
- Bequests – You designate Freedom Waters Foundation as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust, or beneficiary designation form.
- IRA Charitable Rollover – Gifts from your IRA are a smart way to support Freedom Waters Foundation and may have significant, additional tax benefits depending on current legislation.
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust and Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust – You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust or annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- Charitable Lead Trust – You fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
Ways You Can Define the Amount of Your Bequest
- A gift of a particular amount of money (e.g., $25,000).
- A gift of a specific item or items (e.g., 1,000 shares of a particular stock).
- A gift that will be made from the remainder of your estate once all other bequests, debts, and taxes have been paid (e.g., you give 25% of the rest, residue, and remainder of your estate). Often called a “residuary bequest,” this approach assures that your family and debts will be taken care of before your estate makes a bequest to Freedom Waters Foundation.
You can choose to remain anonymous or download and mail us our Planned Giving form so we can acknowledge your future gift.
For more information, please contact your financial advisor or Liam Cofell-Dwyer, Director of Development, at 239-263-2377.